Marblehead Yacht Club is a wonderful small jewel in the heart of a bustling boating community. Our members are congenial and friendly, our club house offers a place to relax, a place to dine, and a place to commiserate with fellow members. Our clubhouse offers one of the most beautiful views up Marblehead Harbor, being especially nice on a summer evening when the sun lights up all the boats in the harbor. Our launch service provides easy access to the harbor and members boats while welcoming visiting yachtsmen.
The Marblehead Yacht Club was founded in 1878 and has continuously occupied its present building earning its reputation as the oldest yacht club in Marblehead. The goal of the Flag Officers and Board of Directors is to provide the "Best Small Yacht Club" in New England.
If you are considering membership, we welcome you to come visit our club and speak to our members and our club manager Bill Kilham. We offer Active Memberships for those desiring launch service and Associate Memberships for those who want to use the clubhouse facilities and have access to kayak storage.
The Marblehead Yacht Club's annual dues are modest because many members volunteer their time and skills in the operation of the club. It is a great way to contribute to the club while getting to know other members and sharing sea stories. We welcome new members with or without boats. You will find our Membership application to be an easy process.
- Launch service from early May to late October from our private dock to your yacht located within the area from the Causeway to a boundary defined by Tucker’s Wharf to the Pleon Yacht Club. We have three launches that provide efficient access to member’s boats.
- Use of the clubhouse, deck, floats with water and electrical service. The club has two rooms available for personal functions of members- it is a wonderful place in which to celebrate a special event.
- Food service is available on Friday evenings, weekends and holidays from June to September. Our Galley has earned a reputation for good food and good service at a reasonable price in a beautiful harbor front setting.
- Club social events are plentiful and include cookouts, a winetasting event, a sailboat race, a fishing tournament and winter time socials such as a Superbowl party.
- You can take advantage of our many reciprocal agreements with other yacht clubs when cruising or traveling. Clubs with which we have reciprocal agreements typically provide our members with full use of their facilities. As a member of the Massachusetts Boating and Yacht Clubs Association, all of our members are welcome at our fellow member clubs and invited to MBCYA events. http://mbyca.org/
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you may soon visit our club. In the meantime, may your seas be calm, your winds be following, and your fish catch be plentiful, knowing that you have a safe and comforting harbor here at the Marblehead Yacht Club.